4.4.3 released 16/03/2022
#219 Put focus on the Close button (instead of in the data content) after clicking "..." button on File Information, to avoid making it look like you can use this form to edit.
#208 and #210 Improved behaviour and added two new configuration options to control the behaviour of "Quick Upload" functions: QuickUploadVolumeId and MatchVolumeUsingNetName.
4.4.2 released 01/10/2021
#217 enabled clipboard copying of selected rows from the cleaning tool check results.
#216 fixed issues that could cause the cleaning tool to fail.
#214 fixed layout issue preventing cancellation of file import tool.
#211 enabled automatic import of files to database.
v4.3.14 (BETA) & v4.3.16 & v4.3.17 & v4.3.18
4.3.14 released 14 October 2020; 4.3.16 released 10/03/2021, 4.3.17 released 24/03/2021, 4.3.18 released 14/05/2021
Items in bold are significant new features of interest.
#215 (4.3.18 only) fixed bug that could prevent saving changes in "user fields" in ThumbsPlus.
#212 (4.3.17 only) fixed error on start-up with empty database.
#209 (4.3.16 only) resolved a problem in selecting multiple thumbnails with SHIFT+CLICK.
#205 stopped LibraryLink warning "Viewer" users about missing folders.
#203 resolved issue where the cleaning tool failed to clean duplicate thumbs when any of the filename, annotation, or user fields contains apostrophes.
#199 added configuration setting to allow bypassing initial database checks on start-up, as these were failing in some scenarios for unknown reasons.
#198 modified Month / Year grouping to sort by Date descending.
#197 resolved issue where thumbnails of >256x256 could cause an error in LibraryLink.
#196 fixed bug in the LibraryLink file uploader that caused the saving of user fields to fail when an image had an Orientation value in its EXIF metadata.
#195 improvements to logging and documentation of how to configure logging.
#194 resolved bug where the grouping/sorting button could appear in the wrong place on high resolution monitors.
#193 altered LibraryLink image uploader's auto-rotation behaviour to match ThumbsPlus (so it auto-rotates the thumbnail according to the embedded Orientation value, so the thumbnail should look correct, and it auto-rotates the original when displaying it in the viewer, but does not alter the original image automatically).
#191 ensured un-linking files works when LibraryLink is opened for multiple records (intermittent bug).
#180 general cosmetic improvements.
#178 when showing linked images for multiple records, removed unnecessary refreshes of panels on navigating between the collections.
#176 better display of long folder paths in the folder tree (excluding leading folders that do not contain anything).
#175 image viewer now has navigation (next / previous) and shows image metadata.
#174 allow a Template Links Fetch to transform the results using XSLT for presentation in a browser (or other purposes).
#148 improvements to opening experience.
#88 improvements to catalogue cleaning utility.
#31 improved the XML exporter to allow it to operate on the entire database, selected record(s), or selected thumbnails.
#27 new 'Show Child folders' option in folder tree view (a feature requested in February 2008!).
#10 slideshow tool now operates on the linked images, regardless of selections.
Released 25th January 2019
- New method of editing UserFields and Annotation fields in LibraryLink and through API
- Improvements to database migration tool
- #146 Fixed issue where form sizing and position was not remembered when opened for multiple records.
Released 28th November 2018
- Remove .NET installer from LibraryLink installer
- Improvements to installer, logging and various bug fixes
Released 6th September 2018
- Upgrade to .Net 4
- All catalogue databases now in SQL Server
- Catalogue migration and cleaning utilities to support transition from TD4 to SQL Server
- New method of fetching data from remote APIs via Template Links
- Simpler workflows supported: cataloguing files without opening ThumbsPlus
- Custom ranking and sorting of linked thumbnails
- Added ability to resize displayed thumbnails
- Viewing and linking from/to multiple database records
- Improved GIS integration - a new map layer for geotagged media
- Ability to see history of media linking and unlinking operations