v4.3.14 (BETA) & v4.3.16 & v4.3.17 & v4.3.18
4.3.14 released 14 October 2020; 4.3.16 released 10/03/2021, 4.3.17 released 24/03/2021, 4.3.18 released 14/05/2021
Items in bold are significant new features of interest.
#215 (4.3.18 only) fixed bug that could prevent saving changes in "user fields" in ThumbsPlus.
#212 (4.3.17 only) fixed error on start-up with empty database.
#209 (4.3.16 only) resolved a problem in selecting multiple thumbnails with SHIFT+CLICK.
#205 stopped LibraryLink warning "Viewer" users about missing folders.
#203 resolved issue where the cleaning tool failed to clean duplicate thumbs when any of the filename, annotation, or user fields contains apostrophes.
#199 added configuration setting to allow bypassing initial database checks on start-up, as these were failing in some scenarios for unknown reasons.
#198 modified Month / Year grouping to sort by Date descending.
#197 resolved issue where thumbnails of >256x256 could cause an error in LibraryLink.
#196 fixed bug in the LibraryLink file uploader that caused the saving of user fields to fail when an image had an Orientation value in its EXIF metadata.
#195 improvements to logging and documentation of how to configure logging.
#194 resolved bug where the grouping/sorting button could appear in the wrong place on high resolution monitors.
#193 altered LibraryLink image uploader's auto-rotation behaviour to match ThumbsPlus (so it auto-rotates the thumbnail according to the embedded Orientation value, so the thumbnail should look correct, and it auto-rotates the original when displaying it in the viewer, but does not alter the original image automatically).
#191 ensured un-linking files works when LibraryLink is opened for multiple records (intermittent bug).
#180 general cosmetic improvements.
#178 when showing linked images for multiple records, removed unnecessary refreshes of panels on navigating between the collections.
#176 better display of long folder paths in the folder tree (excluding leading folders that do not contain anything).
#175 image viewer now has navigation (next / previous) and shows image metadata.
#174 allow a Template Links Fetch to transform the results using XSLT for presentation in a browser (or other purposes).
#148 improvements to opening experience.
#88 improvements to catalogue cleaning utility.
#31 improved the XML exporter to allow it to operate on the entire database, selected record(s), or selected thumbnails.
#27 new 'Show Child folders' option in folder tree view (a feature requested in February 2008!).
#10 slideshow tool now operates on the linked images, regardless of selections.
Released 25th January 2019
- New method of editing UserFields and Annotation fields in LibraryLink and through API
- Improvements to database migration tool
- #146 Fixed issue where form sizing and position was not remembered when opened for multiple records.
Released 28th November 2018
- Remove .NET installer from LibraryLink installer
- Improvements to installer, logging and various bug fixes
Released 6th September 2018
- Upgrade to .Net 4
- All catalogue databases now in SQL Server
- Catalogue migration and cleaning utilities to support transition from TD4 to SQL Server
- New method of fetching data from remote APIs via Template Links
- Simpler workflows supported: cataloguing files without opening ThumbsPlus
- Custom ranking and sorting of linked thumbnails
- Added ability to resize displayed thumbnails
- Viewing and linking from/to multiple database records
- Improved GIS integration - a new map layer for geotagged media
- Ability to see history of media linking and unlinking operations